As we roll into a new year it’s the perfect time to do a quick tune-up on your marketing efforts. Our list includes key items that you should review and update as needed. Use these tips to keep your marketing fresh as we kick off the new decade!
Optimize website content for user experience and conversions
- Review your websites analytics. Do any of your pages have an unusually high bounce rate? How much time are visitors spending on your website? Are you generating conversions?
- Take a visitor’s journey through your website. Is it easy to find information on your product or service? Is there a clear call to action throughout the experience? Does your content answer common questions your customers have?
- Look for content gaps in your current website. Read through product and services pages to find opportunities to add or refine the information. Perform a competitor analysis to determine if you are missing important information that your customers are searching for.
- Check the organic listings for your keywords. Are your customers finding you when they search online? Are you utilizing your targeted keywords in your website copy?
Maximize the reach of your Google My Business Listing
- First off if you haven’t already, claim your page! This is a great opportunity to showcase your business and increase exposure on Google.
- Check your business information: address, description, business hours, website, phone, etc. Look through your profile images. Are the images high quality? Do they present your product and service the way you intended?
- Check your customer reviews and respond to any that have not been responded to. Work with your sales team to request reviews from customers.
- Are you posting company and product information? This is a great way to gain more exposure and promote your business.
Update Social Media Platforms
- Look through the last few months of posts. Do you have consistent presence? Are your posts branded? Do you have a mix of content?
- When was the last time you updated your header image and profile image? Is it time for a refresh?
- Check your company information and make any updates.
- Are you posting enough? The numbers below may seem high but they are typical posting frequencies for the following platforms:
- Facebook: 1 post per day
- Twitter: 15 Tweets per day
- Pinterest: 11 Pins per day
- LinkedIn: 1 post per day
- Instagram: 1-2 posts per day
Review your promotional plan for the year
- Are your marketing initiatives for the year clearly defined?
- Does your promotional strategy provide details on executing your initiatives?
- Do you have a marketing budget planned out for your initiatives?
- Are there any large projects that require a timeline to stay on track?
Set Measurable Goals for the Year
- What marketing initiatives do you need to report on?
- Do you have a clear idea of what success for each of those items is?
- Have you defined your Key Performance Indicators?
- Do you have a tracking method in place for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting?
A finely tuned marketing program is an important component to growing your business. All of us at Cutwing are looking forward to another great year working with our clients and an exciting new decade! For more information like the above make sure to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.